When you attend a BRA - Business Relationship Alliance Meeting or Event, you dive deep into a group of supportive and encouraging business women. BRA members are always ready to dish out insight and referrals. Our gatherings are about bringing women together to make more connections and most importantly – more money. When Carrie first started BRA, she set out to create a networking event that didn’t feel like any other run-of-the-mill networking event.
“Networking doesn't need to be this static awkward, ‘Here's my card’ kind of BS. We are women of today! Just be proud of what you are doing, share it, and don’t be afraid to brag about yourself.”
– Carrie Murray, Founder
That’s why a unique part of BRA is that we experience each other's businesses. At every meeting, two BRA members are featured and have the opportunity to share their work with the group. If you’re a writer, we read your work. If you’re a baker, we eat your work. If you’re a photographer, we see your work. By becoming experts in each other’s businesses, we can find ways to support each other, even after the event is over.
BRA Meetings and Events are high energy, start on time, and have a prepared agenda to help every member get the most out of her time. We share what we’re currently struggling with and solve our problems together. We drink, eat, and have plenty of fun while we do it, and you leave with a plan of action, new connections, ideas, and best of all, new business!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- We begin with mixing and mingling over food and drinks.
- Two members are featured and share their work to the group.
- We go around the room and share brief introductions, our highs and lows, successes and struggles.
- Each member presents an “ask” to the group – she states something that she needs help with or can't seem to push past.
- We give advice or offer ideas for the “ask” in a supportive, non-judgmental, open forum.
- Then we drink wine and eat cupcakes!
TIPS TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR FIRST BRA MEETING
You are the expert of your business, so be prepared to talk about it. Members want to know about what you do!
Establish empowering relationships with each other, one that is mutually beneficial to everyone’s continued growth and success.
Don't forget your business cards!